Starting point for SoE3's cover

Since I have the bad habit of making my own covers and I don't intend to give it up quite yet, I have the pleasure of posting raw starting point pictures once I'm happy enough with them and letting people see what gets processed into the final version. This is the first time I'm showing a bit of Isa with her mask spliced with the Witch Queen's visage. The duality is also further portrayed in the iris. Bright red and vibrant for Isa, a blemished and withered violet for the Witch Queen.

One might think that a green sun-decorated mask seems like an odd choice for a fire consecrator. The reasoning behind having green as the deity's and consecrator's color is simply the idea of fire as a producer of life, ecosystems must sometimes be burned by wildfires to renew and start their cycle all over again.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Do I Write?

Music for writing