Readers' favorite review and updated cover for SoE1

 A few weeks ago I decided to get a proper review to post in the Amazon editorial section. I looked at a lot of options and decided upon Readers' favorite as it seemed a pretty popular option.

Then yesterday I got an email notification. I looked at the subject line, and my first reaction was to not check the review out because for a moment I was so sure the result wouldn't be good and didn't want to start the day off annoyed. But I couldn't help myself for more than a few minutes.

After opening it, I was thrilled. A 5-star review and sticker to attach to my book. Thus, a good time to also update the cover typography. The new version is now visible on Amazon and on the SoE1 page on this blog.

Excerpt from the review by K.C. Finn for Readers' favorite "Island Girl is the first book in the Strands of Existence fantasy series, and it sets the tone magnificently. One of the most enjoyable things about this novel was the characters and how realistic and nuanced they felt. The protagonist Istrae is a particularly strong character, and I enjoyed her humour and fierceness which I felt made me root for her from the very first page. The supporting characters are no different to Istrae in that all the characters feel fully formed and have depth and flaws, even if they only appear briefly. Author Aino Lahteva is a master at world-building, and Kerth, the setting for the story, felt well thought out and intricate, making it easy for me to envision that I was there with the characters. Overall, I would thoroughly recommend this novel to fans of epic fantasy novels, and those looking for stories with a rich and diverse cast of characters."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Do I Write?

Music for writing